Paragon Arcade will bounce back with 4 new shops!
We have an exciting announcement: there are 4 new businesses moving into Paragon Arcade! These additions to the arcade add to our already diverse list of small, independent and local retailers looking to bring their services to our city.
Conscious – as we all are – of the current situation, we hope that this news brings hope to shoppers at a time when many large high-street retailers are closing.
Times are difficult – there is no avoiding this. Many businesses have had to close in the wake of the current pandemic. Unfortunately, our arcade (like many shopping facilities around the UK) has not been left unscathed.
But it is not all doom and gloom. It is a challenge to be overcome. And we take it up with buoyancy and hope.
In order to encourage you to come and visit all of the brilliant, new additions to our arcade, we have put in stringent measures to ensure that all of our customers can use the arcade in a safe and responsible way (more on this below).
So don’t hesitate to give us a visit! All of our new retailers are excited to show you everything they have to offer.
Read on to learn more about:
- The new businesses coming to Paragon Arcade.
- How we’re making Paragon Arcade “COVID-Proof” – so that you can shop, stay safe, and support local businesses.
- Improvements we’re making to the arcade.
THE MOVING IN...
1. Blind Mice Tattoo Studio
“It has always been a goal of mine to set up my own space. I’ve luckily had the chance to work at Hull’s ‘House of Wolves’ for the last 4 years, and I feel like I’m ready to take the next step in my career as a tattoo artist. It was a shame that we had to delay our opening in March due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, but I’m excited to finally get settled in and begin my new adventure.”
Ben, the owner of Blind Mice.
2. neon velvet brow bar
“I came up with the idea to set up Neon Velvet Brow Bar after specialising in Brow Lamentation. I was one of the first Brow Technicians to offer this new and trending treatment back in 2019, and since then its popularity has grown significantly. This has led me to opening up in Paragon Arcade (one of my favourite places in the City Centre) and I am both extremely happy and very excited to be a part of the community.”
Elena, the owner of Neon Velvet.
3. nordic rosie home & nursery decor
“We are a brand-new, family-run business specialising in home interiors and children’s nursery decor, inspired by all things Scandi. Support from the public has been really reassuring and we’re so excited to finally open our door on 15th June to welcome everybody (safely of course!).”
– Lucy, the owner of Nordic Rosie.
4. out of the attic record shop
“We hope to provide something different to Hull’s music scene. Our unique collection of records has taken us over 60 years to collect, and span a variety of genres, including vintage classics, opera and easy listening albums. Being an eclectic and quirky place itself, we believe that Paragon Arcade is the ideal location to showcase our products. We’re looking forward to it.”
– Gary, one of the owners of Out Of The Attic.
making paragon arcaDE
We understand that many people may be hesitant to shop on the high-street. This is why we are taking every precaution to make sure that Paragon Arcade is as safe as it possibly can be in this difficult time.
When we reopen, we will be implementing the following measures, so that you can get out the house, and get back to supporting your local businesses in a responsible way:
- We are encouraging businesses to make full use of their window displays so you don’t have to enter if you’d prefer not to.
- Shop doors will be wedged open to reduce contact.
- Floor stickers will be laid to encourage social distancing.
- Hand sanitiser will be available to all. These stations will be located at each entrance of the arcade and in the middle.
- Outdoor seating will be available, and will be kept at 2m apart from other customers.
- Every business in the arcade is fully equipped to take your payments contactlessly or by chip-and-pin.
IMPROVING THE PLACE
Since acquiring Paragon Arcade in 2017, we have worked tirelessly to restore it to its former glory.
This work hasn’t stopped, and it won’t stop until Paragon Arcade is Hull’s premier retail facility for local businesses.
Recently, we have been busy making the following improvements to our historic arcade:
- Full refurbishment of the entire arcade, both internally and externally!
- Installing timber staircases to bring the first floor back into use.
- Fitting more bathroom facilities & baby changing facility.
- Installing new electrics, lighting, fire alarms and security software.
- Replacing every old door and restoring the original ironmongery.
- Hosting monthly events CALLED AFTER:HOURS in collaboration with all of the fantastic businesses within the arcade.