Image: 43 Clicks North
happy new year Hull
Hope you had a very merry festive break, we all deserved it after that incredibly rocky road through 2020.
It’s a new year and onwards & upwards we go…it’s time to look ahead at what 2021 may hold for Hull.
Hull was great at supporting our indie shops through December, we saw loads on social media from locals encouraging others to shop small & support our local economy.
Bigger Hull businesses stepped up to help too such as KCOM who launched Christmas Market👏
We hope this is a trend which sticks for Hull, we’re a City full of makers and creators, if anywhere can survive and thrive through buying local produce it’s us!
Some examples of our favourites below:
- Flood defence works will be completed on Nelson Street, introducing new viewing platforms and seating areas. We’ve all had to embrace Al Fresco dining during COVID rules, and now we’re converted, there’s something so special about eating in the outdoors, especially with Hull being one of few Cities with a River running through it. This new area will be another great spot for watching the water with your favourite book in hand, or having a picnic with friends.
- Hull’s new music venue Kings, launched is the midst of COVID19, so we’re eager to get our dancing shoes on and go support this new venture in Hull’s Old Town.
- The festivals, gigs & dancing may return!! Freedom Fest, Humber Street Sesh, Bonus Arena, Hull Truck etc etc.
Aside from all of our new projects, which I’ll touch on later, here’s what Allenby’s are looking forward to in 2021:
• The new footbridge, connecting our gorgeous marina area to the rest of the City Centre will complete in Summer 2021. With bleacher seating overlooking the water – it’ll make the perfect tranquil space to grab some food & drink and sit out in the hotter months.
• Conveniently a new restaurant nearby is opening it’s doors, The Brazilian, and it looks dreamy, and exactly what we need after all the dining-in during 2020 (yawn).
E-bikes & Bicycles
Hull City Council introduced new cycle lanes in 2020, and we are 100% supportive of this movement. Hull is one of the flattest Cities in the UK, making it super cycle friendly, and of course cycling has many other benefits such as being eco-friendly and good for your physical and mental health.
Allenby Commercial introduced the cycle to work scheme during 2019 and it proved popular amongst our staff. We also have two Tokyo Bikes in the Allenby office for staff to use to get across the City for meetings, or pop for some lunch.
As the majority of Hull’s population live in the suburbs of the City, an e-bike is a great mode of transport to get you from your home to the City centre. Our MD invested in an e-bike during Summer 2019 and was clocking up over 20 miles a day just on his daily commute to work.
At Allenby Commercial we build shower facilities in every new office development we embark on to encourage the cycle to work ethos. Examples of buildings where we’ve installed showers are The Bloc, Danish Buildings, Minster Corner, and WORX.
Our plans for 2021
We’ve got lots of building to do 🔨 …
• The Trade Yard Willerby, we’re working away on the former Bonus Electrical site near Waitrose in Willerby. We’re welcoming our first tenant in April 2021.
• Chamberlain Business Park is our most recent acquirement, we purchased this just a few weeks ago, so we’re still drawing up our ideas with architects, but big improvements will be made to the site during the year.
• We’ve also got some projects underway with our workforce in action further afield in Barnsley and Penrith. More details on these will be announced at a later date.
• Monocle, we’ll be making some progress on this development too, the devil is in the details, so we’re investing lots of our time working with our designer and architects.
• And of course we’ll be looking after our existing portfolio of properties, working hard to adapt the sites to suit social distancing measures, introducing new areas for zoom calls, chill-out zones, and to get them to full occupancy.
Thanks for reading our blog. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
T: 01482 647138