Working from home has been an interesting alternative to normal work life. It’s had its set-backs, but also its advantages, so as the Covid-19 vaccines are swiftly rolling out across the UK, many employers are looking to bring staff back into office spaces, and it’s important that we get the “return to work safety & willingly” right from the get-go.
It is vital that we maintain social distancing and hygiene measures; therefore, it’s likely your pre-covid office set-up is no longer a suitable working environment…
Alterations to your workplace to keep staff safe:
• Have an area where staff can log their temperatures every day before entering the main workplace
• Create a safe space between desks (at least 1m between each)
• Ensure good airflow throughout the workplace – open windows and doors, or look to install a fresh-air ventilation system
• Ask staff to wear masks when moving around the workplace
• Ensure regular sanitising of communal areas such as kitchens, bathrooms, printers & door handles
• Ensure hand sanitiser and anti-bac wipes are available throughout the building
• Introduce new meeting pods where staff can video call clients and colleagues
• Ensure support is available for staff returning to the workplace, whether that be from furlough, or working from home
We’re all feeling the pinch from the unusual trading year, so don’t worry, we’re here to share our cost effective ways of introducing some of these changes, which we have made in our Allenby Commercial Office:
• Extra desks to ensure safe working space, we utilise local branch City Used Furniture who have a large range of quality design & budget second-hand furniture (they deliver too)
• Fresh-air ventilation system – we use two local companies to install these in out properties Glen Air and Airco
These systems are not cheap, but the benefits of them go way beyond just covid19 precautions
• Hand sanitiser and cleaning products, we use local Hull business Multex Chemicals
The liquid hand sanitiser has been popular with our building/site staff for not leaving a sticky residue on your hands after use
• Meeting Pods – again, we recommend City Used Furniture for Covid Protection, and they occasionally get a second-hand ready-made pod in stock too
• We believe it’s crucial for our business that our staff communicate in person, so we’re not implementing a permanent working from home option for our staff, however we have loosened the reins…they’re not stuck to their desks 9-5…we encourage long lunch breaks and flexible working hours. We’re a small team, so managing this is easy enough for us…but can imagine for larger businesses with hundreds of employees this could get tricky.
Allenby Commercial offer a range of office spaces to rent, in and around Hull that you can be certain about having enough room to accommodate your staff safely. If you need something quickly, we have ready-to-go offices already equipped with furniture at the below locatons:
• Worx, Hull
• The Bloc, Anlaby
• Danish Buildings, Hull Old Town
• Chariot House, Hull City Centre, nextdoor to Paragon Arcade
A special space we have coming available at Worx is Unit 8/9, 12,916 square feet, Grade A office space with a private courtyard, fully equipped canteen and extensive car parking.
Is your current office not entirely suitable for these challenging times? It’s maybe time for an upgrade. You can talk to our friendly team on
T: 01482 647 138
We would love to hear from you and help you take the next step in pushing your business to a new level.